VALOR FILM FESTIVAL
Watch premieres of short films and take pictures with all your favorite filmmakers on our red carpet. Make sure to stick around for the awards ceremony at the end where 7 of our greatest filmmakers will be awarded with trophies. Plus a $300 cash prize goes to the winner!
- 3:00pm to 4:00pm Pre-Party and Red Carpet
- 4:00pm to 6:30pm Short Films Showcase
- 6:30pm to 8:00pm Awards Ceremony and After Party
STAY TUNED FOR LINK TO SUBMIT ON FILM FREEWAY
Valor Community Film Festival is Arizona’s most prestigious Veteran-focused Film Event. As a crucial part of the Valor Film and Music Festival, our mission in holding these events yearly is to help expand our Veteran’s social, artistic, and support networks in order to reduce the risk of homelessness and suicides. All funds donated during these events go to support Creative Drill Sergeants 501c3 Workforce Development Vocational Skills Training Program (Operation Enjoyable Employment) which aims to see our Veterans engaged in creative employment or entrepreneurial endeavors in the Expressive Arts.
We are graciously funded in part by the ARIZONA commission on the arts and the city of Glendale performing arts program grant and we partnered with the Arizona Consortium for the Arts, Full Moon Festivals-Kindness Revolution, Longhouse club, and many more to bring to the state the only veteran-focused film and music festival.
Sun Studios of Arizona
1425 W 14th St.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Sun Studios is Arizona’s Media Hub for Production and Events with a 23,000 sqft multi-use facility with a 150-seat theater/lecture hall with professional digital projection & 5.1 digital surround sound for all your corporate training, presentation or screening needs.
The film festival will not exclude civilian films and will cover a spectrum of veteran-focused and non-veteran-focused categories. These categories will include:
- Best Comedy
- Best Drama
- Best Animation
- Best Horror
- Best Veteran made
- Best Veteran or Military focused
- Best of Fest
JUDGING, AWARDS, AND PRIZES
Entries will be judged by a process that combines panels of qualified judges who will evaluate the eligible entries based on the following judging criteria:
- Artistic Merit (e.g., Story, Creativity, Entertainment Value)
- Technical Merit
- Subject Manner
Winning Films will then be screened on the Day of Valor Community Film Festival, May 29, 2022. A list of winners will then be uploaded to valorfest.org
The director of each winning film will receive a physical trophy to take home.
The Film awarded with Best of Fest will also receive a $300 USD cash prize.
- Films submitted will be considered by a panel of three judges once the submission deadline is reached
- We will consider a short film as any video 15 minutes or under.
- All applicants must complete the official festival submission form located on FilmFreeway.
- The applicant must hold the sole responsibility of copyright clearance of any copyrighted material in the film
- Films not in English must be subtitled in English unless dialogue is minimal and not necessary for the comprehension of the Film.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any film. We will attempt to contact the applicant based on the contact information supplied at the time of submission in order to resolve issues.
- If the submitted film file does not play, we will make an attempt to contact the applicant based on the contact information supplied at the time of submission in order to obtain a replacement. If a replacement is not available, we reserve the right to disqualify the film without refunding the submission fees.
- Submitted films that qualify based on the regulations and eligibility requirements stated here will be seen by our judges and be considered equally with all other submissions.
- Applicants acknowledge that we reserve the right to change the nature of screenings and events due to circumstances related to public health and welfare or at the direction of local, state, or federal authorities.
- We are under no obligation to provide comments regarding submitted films to any applicant.